In order to change your life you are going to need a lot more than just a vague intention to do it. Start with cooking.
Today, not tomorrow!
1. Stuck In A Comfort Zone With The Same Four Recipes
If you are one of those who are stuck in your comfort zone with the same recipes, you will never be able to change your life and to taste all its deliciousness whether it is sour, spicy, bitter, salty or sweet.
If you are stuck with the same meals everyday, I hope they are tasteless after so many years and you are ready for adventures in the kitchen of life.
It is always time for new recipes! No matter if you got burnt. At least you will know what to the next time. And it doesn’t matter if it is under or overcooked the first time. At least you’ve tried!
Next time will be perfect!
2. Never Taking A Step Forward To Try A Hard Recipe
Some recipes can be executed only by masterchefs and no average person can do it. False.
But that kind of thinking applies in every aspect of life. Therefore, many people fail before even trying it.
Here are some questions:
- Do you want to change your life by adapting a healthy eating lifestyle?
- Do you want to eat like a sportsperson?
- How many keto, Mediterranean, raw vegan, vegan, vegetarian recipes have you bookmarked?
- How many have you tried?
- Have you ever bought the ingredients for those recipes?
- How many times have you been eating a burger, pizza or chips while going through healthy recipes?
My point is that we rarely take the step forward to change our eating habits. That same incapability to obtain different lifestyle is the main reason why you cannot change your life!
3. Ingredients – Change Your Eating Habits, Change Your Life
Let me ask you few more questions:
- Have you ever tried the recipes you’ve wanted to try for so long?
- Did you have at least 1/3 of the ingredients at the same time in your kitchen?
- Do you have the needed appliances for those recipes?
That is the same with life. We all assume what is like to be vegan, mastershef, or rich person, but we are the difference is that we are missing the ingredients – skills, knowledge and experience. These crucial ingredients are based on two other major ingredients:
Patience and determination
Think of it like this:
Patience and determination = Eggs and Flour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience = Dough or Breading
You – Pasta, Breading, Pancakes, Bread etc.
With those ingredients, you can change your life toward success.
4. New Recipe – A Fun Challenge Or A No – No
Let’s say you do want to try a new recipe.
- What’s your approach?
- Do you play by the book, or do you experiment, following no recipe at all?
- Do you quit if you fail and go back to your well-known meals?
- Do you try to improve the recipe once you have mastered it?
This same questions apply to life too!
Risk taking and fear of failure are often interconnected and can appear as a frequent obstacle in your journey to changing your life.
5. Cooking As Analogy To Creativity And Motivation To Change Your Life
There is no better metaphor for life than cooking. Like life itself, cooking is an inexhaustible source of creativity, innovation and motivation. If you dare to dive in into culinary, you can have the best dishes on your table. And once you see the great results after your hard work, which you are satisfied with, you’ll want to do it again, to improve it, or to do something completely new.
Well, doesn’t that sound like life.
I think that you can make the obvious conclusion. We all know that cooking is like life – when the going gets tough, the tough gets going :).
However, all reasoning aside, you and me, we all really need to change our eating habits. In order to change your life, people should be careful with their energy source. It’s simple:
Eat well – Move – Do – Feel good
But it doesn’t matter what I tell you because you will do whatever you want to do, which is always the right attitude.
So be free and do whatever you feel like 🙂 .